We all have one wish – to lose weight and one beauty wish – to prevent hair fall. Hair fall is a common problem worldwide and the polluted environment and our neglected lifestyle is to be blamed for it, but for many other problems, Nigella Sativa or popularly known as black cumin seeds come in as a handy remedy. Originally from the Middle Eastern countries, this modest looking black colored seeds are known for the health benefits worldwide today. In fact, the black cumin seeds are grown extensively in Middle Eastern countries and even in India, which earns a lot through exporting these seeds to the West.
How and why to have black cumin seeds?
Do not go by the petty appearance of these crescent shaped seeds, for they contain more than a hundred chemical compounds which are helpful for curing many diseases.
The health issues that can be cured with the Consumption of Black Cumin Seeds are as enumerated as follows:
- Toothaches to headaches: Common headaches and toothaches can find relief from these seeds.
- To curb hair fall: Indian men and women have been known to use the oil extracted from black cumin seeds and have also found great remedy with proven results since time immemorial as this oil is known for giving strength to hair follicles.
- For glowing skin: There are certain essential oils and fatty acids that are not produced by our body and yet they are sure to cure many skin problems and bring glow to the skin. Black cumin seeds when used in making certain pastes and masks can be used for bringing in that much needed glow to dull skin. It treats problems like acne or spots and even dryness with ease.
- Increases memory power: It is not surprising to note that these seeds have been used much by mothers in their cooking as its consumption is proven to increase memory and concentration in children and adults.
- Increases Immunity: Even dangerous diseases like AIDS can be warded off by this magical seed. This is a known fact among Indians and not only that, many other diseases tend to stay off when these black seeds are taken in regularly. Spider bites to insect bites, to hypertension to menstrual problems, almost everything can be cured when the oil is applied generously or consumed.
People have a tendency to assume that there may be limitations that These Seeds may have, but the truth is that black cumin seeds should be consumed daily to really benefit from the use.